CareFlight Medical Services is seeking critical care doctors and medical support staff to join the team in Queensland, Australia.
Expressions of interest are sought from advanced trainees in critical care specialities for fulltime positions commencing in February and August each year for a fixed term of 6 or 12 months.
CareFlight Medical Services retrieval registrars provide high level acute medical care to patients throughout Queensland and beyond. Missions may be primary scene response (including rescue) or inter-facility transfer. Retrieval registrars will undertake patient assessment, appropriate interventions and implementation of a management plan to effect safe and expedient transport to a definitive care facility. Transport of retrieval of patients is conducted in a number of platforms inclusive of rotary aircraft, fixed wing aircraft inclusive of Lear Jet, road and boat.
Positions are accredited with ACEM and ANZCA for 6 months training in retrieval medicine. CareFlight is an accredited teaching facility for James Cook University providing registrars the opportunity to complete a Postgraduate Certificate in Aeromedical Retrieval
A comprehensive induction training program is provided incorporating aviation medicine, pre-hospital scenario management, helicopter underwater escape training (HUET), emergency breathing systems (EBS), winching operations and aircraft operational and safety instruction.
To be considered for Retrieval Registrar positions with CMS you must have:
- Completed primary examinations and a minimum of 2 years in an ACEM, ANZCA or CICM accredited training position (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 6 months experience at Registrar level in emergency medicine, anaesthetics, intensive care medicine and paediatrics
- The ability to work as a team member in adverse conditions including vertical rescue, helicopter winching and marine rescue tasks
- A reasonable level of fitness
- Eligibility for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority Agency (AHPRA)
- Australian citizenship, residency or the ability to obtain an employment visa
In return for your hard work and commitment we provide:
- An opportunity to work in a challenging world-class air medical industry that saves lives and serves the community
- Clinical supervision and continuing medical education through weekly audits and teaching sessions
- Attractive salary packaging options including FBT concessions
- An exciting and rewarding place to work